I am the kind of person who would serve lemon pasta, with a lemon salad with lemon asparagus and lemon bars.
Few things make me happier than when my whole plate tastes like lemons. Throw some lemon water (or lemony cocktail) and I am good to go.
You could leave the truffle oil off but you definitely deserve a little truffle love in your life.
- 12 ounces pasta (I used gluten free fusilli)
- 0.5 cup freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 small shallot, extremely minced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 3-4 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-1.5 cups fresh pea shoots
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup truffle oil
- Optional: 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional: lemon slices for garnish
- Cook pasta in bowling salted pasta according to package instructions. Add the peas in the last two minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and move back to pot, quickly add olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Add herbs, shallot, lemon zest and pea shoots and toss to combine. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Add truffle oil and most of the goat cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve pasta, topped with remaining goat cheese, an extra drizzle of truffle oil and lemon slices.
Inspired by FeastingAtHome