How happy are these peachy little muffins? I made a batch to take on the plane today to France! I can’t even get into that trip because I’m so excited I feel like I’m going to jinx it.
These muffins are made with white whole wheat flour, fresh summery peaches, honey and oaty streusel topping. A very happy way to start the day.
- 2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 0.25 cup granulated sugar
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 0.25 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 0.25 honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5-2 cups diced peached, skin removed
For Oat Streusel Topping
- 1.25 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 0.75 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, honey, egg and vanilla. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (doesn’t need to be fully combined). Fold in the diced peaches. Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using your hands or a pastry cutter mix in the butter. Divide the streusel topping over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Inspired by TwoPeasandTheirPod